Alan Goldsworthy-Executive Coach
With more than 30 years broad-based management experience, Alan understands what is necessary to deliver excellence across each function in an organization, how to bring functional leadership together to perform as a team. A team that knows how success is defined for the organization as a whole, their own function and the how success is defined for their peers.
While with a large, multi-national high technology company for nearly 15 years, he honed his skills working across functional boundaries as well as geographical borders. He successfully completed assignments as a Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Channels Marketing Manager, National Account Management (expanded presences from 1 to 11 divisions), World Wide Sales Communications Director, Business Transformation (three assignments) and Business Operations Director of a $450M Business Unit.
- As VP and COO for privately owned CMI-Competitive Solutions, re-focused ERP product strategy from generic discrete manufacturing product to unique, Automotive Supplier Solution which optimized inventory turns. Recognized by AMR as Most Complete Automotive Supplier ERP Solution. Re-built sales team and grew revenue by 400%.
- As CEO of Applix, Inc. (APLX), transformed multiple product (BI, Office Products, CRM, Project Management, Real-Time Data), $54M company into a single, BI focus. While in process, grew BI Revenue 6x and returned APLX to profitability and positive cash flow.
- As VP of WW Field Operations for Enterasys Networks (ETS) with revenue of $400M, he transformed Sales Operations from a financial reporting function to a Sales Process Function with improved revenue AND product mix forecasting. Improved sales effectiveness and forecast accuracy and reduced manufacturing tail from 12% to 4%.
- As CEO of Salesnet, Inc., re-focused advertising and promotional dollars to demand generation for partners, returned to revenue growth resulting in sale of company.
- As Investor, Board Member and CEO, preserved and updated intellectual property, developed distance selling and training capabilities, developed relationship with LPGA Teaching Division and increased the pipeline by 40% for this swing analysis and teaching systems company in the golf industry.