MONTHLY JOB GROWTH + 148,000
The economy added 148,000 jobs in December. That’s far below the 2017 monthly average of 171,000 jobs added but is enough to keep up with population growth and chip away at unemployment.
ANNUAL JOB GROWTH + 2.1 Million
U.S. payrolls grew by a seasonally adjusted 2.1 million in 2017. For the first time since the 1990s, the economy has added at least 2 million jobs a year for seven consecutive years.
UNEMPLOYMENT – 4.1%
The jobless rate remained at 4.1% for the third consecutive month, the lowest since late 2000 also known as the “dot.com” era. The rate is below what the Federal Reserve projects will be the economy’s long-run average, suggesting a tight labor market. Unemployment has fallen just over half a percentage point since December 2016, when it stood at 4.7%.
WAGES + 2.5%
The average hourly paycheck for private-sector workers grew 2.5% in 2017, more than enough to keep up with inflation, but a modest gain compared with prior expansions. That suggests the labor market still has some slack despite the low unemployment rate. Hourly wages grew 9 cents, or 0.34%, in December from a month earlier.
Do you anticipate staffing needs in 2018? In this edition of our monthly Jobs Report, please profiles for some accounting and finance professionals. For more information on these and other great candidates or info on our staffing programs, contact us here and let us help you make your next great hire!
* Results oriented Accountant with extensive experience in both domestic and international industries.
* A versatile and innovative individual with solid leadership skills with proven ability to lead organizations through substantial change while bringing about desired financial results.
* Strong background in the use of computer tools in general ledger and budgeting areas.
Controller-For a 50MM Automation Firm
* Manage Day-to-Day function of Finance Department
* Process complete payroll for 200 employees
* Implement HRIS and ERP System
* Administrate HR Functions
* Relationship Manager for CPA firm, 401(k) audit, Commercial Credit Line and Insurance Brokers
Plan Sponsor Service Team Leader-For a Major Trust Company
* Manage the daily recordkeeping, reconciliation and trading of eight 401(k) accounts on third party application system.
* Effectively work with both external and internal clients to implement new products/services such as stock share accounting servicing, new investment funds, and large client ongoing events such as mapping of funds and plan acquisitions.
* Coordinate all aspects of a plan de-conversion, including creating all custom reports, file layouts, and communication to client.
Looking to find your next great hire?
Are you following King & Bishop on Linked In? We serve up daily educational advice on our Linked In page as well as industry insight into the jobs market, hiring tips and more. Click on the Linked In logo and lets connect!